Keeping Vector Lighters Trouble Free
- Keep lighters clean from any type of dust (i.e., falling ashes
when cigars and cigarettes are lighted, and dust from pockets when
lighters are kept in your pockets). Use lighter leather covers to
prevent dust from penetrating into the lighter. Over 90% of return
lighters are serviced simply by blowing off excessive dirt and dust
inside a lighter using compressed air.
- If necessary, blow off any excessive dirt and dust from the catalyzer
area using compressed air can. Compressed air can be easily purchased
from any local hardware or office supply store.
- Jet Turbo Flameless, Jet Torch, Jet Laser, and Electronic Piezo
are not ordinary fluid flint lighters. They all have sensitive ignition
mechanisms that require delicate handling of the ignition switch.
Do not flick or press ignition switches like a fluid flint lighter
at a fast pace. There are two different types of ignition switches;
push-down and slide-down ignition switches. For both ignition switches,
operate them slowly and gently. The lighter ignition system has a
split-second delayed reaction time. Fast ignition usually results
in misfiring, whereas slow and gentle ignition method ensures perfect
ignition every time.
- When the flame gets weak and low, it usually means a time to refill.
Constant ignition and adjustment of the flame height when the flame
is weak can seriously damage lighters. Use triple refined Vector premium
butane gas to refill the lighter. Refilling instructions are as follows:
- Make sure no open flames are nearby.
- Adjust the flame height to low.
- Bleed fuel tank by pressing down on the lighter refill valve until hissing sound stops. See the diagrams below:
Shake refill can to check if it contains gas.
Hold both refill can and lighter upside down in each hand.
- Push refill nozzle firmly all the way into lighter refill valve and hold for 15-20 seconds.
- Wait until lighter reaches room temperature before igniting (roughly 5-10 minutes).
- Reset flame height adjuster to your desired setting.
- Simply keeping a lighter free of dirt and dust, and refilling on
a regular basis will lengthen the longevity of the lighter. For any
other troubles, refer to the do it yourself maintenance guide below.